Calvary FMC Weekly Newsletter
The week of August 29th thru September 4th
Good Morning Calvary FMC Family!
I hope your week is off to a great start! I want to thank you all for allowing Ashley and me to vacation and refresh last week. We had a wonderful time in Tennessee with family and friends. I have a lot to share with you this week, so make sure to read what follows!
Loving Our Neighbors Outreach THIS SUNDAY!
- Hopefully you’ve heard us talking about this outreach event over the past several weeks. We will be gathering for worship at our usual time,10:30 AM, and our worship service will be in the front yard of the parsonage.
- Instead of our monthly community dinner in August, we decided to have a community cookout this Sunday following the service. The church will be providing the main dish (burgers and hot dogs on the grill), as well as chips and drinks. Please feel free to bring sides and desserts.
- Following lunch, we will have a handful of projects in which we will do our best to convey the love of Christ to our neighbors in tangible ways. We will be doing some yard work for our neighbors, delivering meals and toys to our local fire department, and handing out cards around the neighborhood asking people how we can better help and serve them in the future.
- What to bring:
- Most importantly, bring your friends, family, coworkers, and neighbors!
- Sides and or desserts to share
- Freezer meals, hygiene items (for our hygiene pantry), new unwrapped toys and stuffed animals for the fire departments Christmas toy drive
- A willing heart to meet new people and serve our neighbors
Society Meeting Sunday September 11th
- Following the morning service, we will be having a society (i.e. church wide) meeting in which we will be focusing a lot on discipleship. We will be emphasizing and explaining our D-Groups, as well as explaining why we have changed some things up regarding the Sunday School time becoming more of a fellowship time before the service. Everyone is welcome to attend, and members are expected to be present.
Discipleship Groups Launching September 18th
- Discipleship groups will be relaunching mid-September!! We are really excited about how God will use these groups to call us to deeper levels of relationship with Him and with one another. The groups will be centered around life-stage, and we will provide more details about the groups in the upcoming weeks. Please be in prayer for these groups and for those with whom you will be in a group, even though you may not know who that will be just yet :).
Membership Class Coming in September
- If you are interested in church membership, or Free Methodism, or more about Calvary FMC and how you can get connected and involved, please let me know. You may even already be a member, and just want a refresher on any of these things. As soon as I have a list of people, we will talk about times and availability for meeting. At this point, it looks like the most consensus for meeting time is Sunday morning.
Operation Christmas Child
- Please be collecting and dropping off your items for operation Christmas child. We will be packing boxes in the near future. Items to bring include: Crayons, scissors, pencils, pens, rulers, colored pencils, markers, erasers (not pencil toppers), solar powered calculators, and boys & girls socks, small tools. It would also be great if you could get plastic, shoe box size containers w/ lids.
- Study & Prayer–Wednesday night @ 6:30
- If you haven’t joined us in the past, or if you haven’t been with us in a while, I encourage you to join us! Wednesday’s are always a great time of inter-generational discipleship. And the things we are talking about right now have a huge impact on our relationships with our family members, friends, coworkers, and neighbors who don’t have a relationship with Christ.
- Men’s Coffee–Thursday morning @ 6:00 AM @ Panera Bread in Palomar Centre
- Community Cookout & Serving our Neighbors–Sunday, following the service.
Blessing on your week,