Calvary FMC Newsletter
Hello Calvary FMC Family!
This Sunday our church begins to look at a series of messages from the Minor Prophets. Twelve short books hidden away at the conclusion of the English Old Testament, books written by men who are, for the most part, relatively unknown, books whose historical content is largely unknown and unappreciated by the modern world.
And, yet these relatively unknown writers of relatively unknown books have some important things to say to us today.
For example, Hosea tells us of God’s love for His people, a love that is so deep and so strong, that even when his people behave as an unfaithful wife pursuing her many lovers, He cannot let her go.
Jonah is the reluctant prophet, a man sent on a mission which he despises. A man sent to proclaim a message of destruction to a wicked people who have oppressed his nation with great violence. Reluctant because even though he very much desires the fulfillment of that proclaimed destruction, he knows that God is a God of mercy and fears that mercy will indeed be given to a people he wants destroyed.
And then there is Habakkuk, a prophet wrestling with understanding how a holy God can allow evil to flourish in His world. Not understanding it, not satisfied with God’s ultimate solution to it, and yet at the same time steadfastly proclaiming thanksgiving to his LORD in the midst of the most severe suffering imaginable.
Join us for these as well as numerous other messages from these so called minor prophets who have declared messages of major importance for the world today.
Yes, come and join us for the regular activities listed below as well as many other exciting events at CFMC.
- Adult Sunday school each Sunday @ 9:00 in the Living Room followed by fellowship time @ 10:00
- Sunday worship @ 10:30
- Study & Prayer–Wednesday nights @ 6:30
- If you haven’t joined us in the past, or if you haven’t been with us in a while, I encourage you to join us! Wednesday’s are always a great time of inter-generational discipleship. Right now we are beginning a study on spiritual warfare.
- Community Potluck–3rd Sunday of each month, following the service.
- Serving Meals at the Hope Center the 2nd Wednesday of each month @ 5:00
Blessing on your week,